We’re looking for an intern to join our team for the Spring 2019 semester. This internship is open to juniors and seniors studying in a public relations, communications, or a related major at a college or university in the greater Philadelphia area.
Our agency serves a diverse client base with media relations, content development, crisis communications and social media management and consulting. Because we are a boutique agency, you are guaranteed hands-on experience in any or all of these areas.
We ask for a commitment of approximately 15 hours a week. Start and end dates are flexible, depending on the intern’s school schedule. This is a paid internship.
- A strong interest in pursuing a career in public relations or communications.
- Excellent written communication skills, including knowledge of English grammar, a strong writing style and a willingness to write in a number of different styles and formats.
- Research skills, including the ability to differentiate between reliable and unreliable sources online.
- A major in public relations, communications, journalism, English, or a related discipline.
- Must be comfortable speaking on the phone and communicating professionally via email.
- Knowledge of AP style preferred but not required.
- A working proficiency in the Mac operating system and the Microsoft Office suite.
All of the interns’ responsibilities are supervised, and you will work closely with a few members of our team. Our focus is on helping you build the skills you need to function as a communications professional.
The public relations intern will:
- Learn about media outreach by researching publications, generating media lists and drafting press releases.
- Develop professional writing skills by assisting with short written pieces such as blog posts.
- Assist with social media content curation and development.
- Research clients or other topics to support ongoing projects.
- Make phone calls, as related to other learning experiences.
- Attend client meetings, presentations or events, as related to other learning experiences.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Both cover letter and resume are required.